For Public Dissemination
U.S. MISSION GERMANY
Vacancy Number: FRA 90-16
Date: May 12, 2016
|Position Title||Data Analyst / Administrative Assistant|
|Location||American Consulate General, Frankfurt am Main, Bureau of Near Eastern/South-Central Asian Affairs / Contract Management Office (CMO)|
|Open To||All Interested Candidates / All Sources|
|Salary and Grade OR||
Ordinarily Resident (OR)
– €40,877 per year starting salary
Position Grade: FSN-7
|Salary and Grade NOR||
Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR)
– US $35,364 per year starting salary (Base Salary Scale)
Position Grade: FP-7, step 1 or highest previous rate within grade
Note: this position may be Overseas Comparability Pay (OCP) eligible
Final grade/step to be confirmed by Washington
|Work Hours||Full-time, 40 hrs./week|
|Opening Date||May 12, 2016|
|Closing Date||Open until filled – first cut-off date is May 26, 2016|
|Security Requirement||Candidate must be able to obtain and hold a non-sensitive security clearance|
Please Note: Applicants who responded to the Employment Opportunity for the Data Analyst / Administrative Assistant (FRA 50-16) and (FRA 80-16) position need not to re-apply as their applications will be considered.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AND SUBMIT THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The American Consulate General in Frankfurt am Main is seeking an individual for the position of Data Analyst / Administrative Assistant in the Bureau of Near Eastern/South-Central Asian Affairs / Contract Management Office (CMO). Filling of position is subject to availability of funds.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
(A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available upon request. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with identification of vacancy number.)
The incumbent manages the data bases and reporting systems of the Contract Management Office. As such the incumbent analyzes and validates the data gathered as correct and produces statistics and reports based on the data. S/he develops and implements data collections systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality. Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets. This position not only supports position L57602 (Administrative Clerk) with SharePoint data administration, but will engage in periodic data quality management for SharePoint. Duties include the preparation of reports and presentations, including MS-Power Point, for the whole Contract Management Office. Incumbent serves as back-up for position L57602 (Administrative Clerk).
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific information supporting each item.
EDUCATION: BS or BA degree is in one of the following field is required: Information Management, Statistics, Finance, Business Management/Administration or Project Management.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of work experience in data/information management is required.
LANGUAGE: English Level IV (fluent) language skills are required. (speak/write and read)
- Demonstrated capacity to manipulate/manage data files/systems is required.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft standard office software applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated exposure/experience to MS Access or other data base management software is required.
- Proficiency in the use of all office equipment, but not limited to, computers, calculators, scanners, photocopiers, printers, etc. is required.
- Good working knowledge of office procedures and administrative functions, mission programs and standards is required.
The Human Resources Office will conduct standard language assessment tests and may test for other required skills as part of the selection process. Testing is conducted equitably and is administered in the same way to all applicants for the particular recruitment.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM*
- FS on LWOP**
*IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- Additional Selection Criteria:
- The U.S. Mission will consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) of the U.S. Mission Germany having served less than 12 months in their current position are not eligible to apply.
- Current Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) with an overall summary rating of ‘Needs Improvement’ or ‘Unsatisfactory’ on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first ninety (90) calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- How To Apply: Interested applicants for this position must submit their application and pertinent supporting documentation by the closing date as shown on: https://de.usembassy.gov/jobs/application-process/
- Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE), Form DS-174, which is available on the internet by clicking here: DS-174.
- Additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, reference letters, transcripts, essays, certificates, copies of degrees earned, etc.) should be attached with the application.
- Application language is English, i.e. application for employment, CV or resume should be in English. Certificates, awards or degrees in English or German do not need to be translated.
- Note that the U.S. Mission does not refund travel expenses incurred by the interviewee.
For a complete list of terms such as US citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM), Eligible Family Member (EFM), Member of Household (MOH), Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR), Ordinarily Resident (OR) and their definitions, see the definitions list on the website https://de.usembassy.gov/jobs/definitions/.
The U.S. Mission in Germany provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliations. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.