The U.S. Mission to Germany is celebrating German-American innovation with partners across Germany during Transatlantic Innovation Week 2021, April 19-25, 2021.
German-American partnership has been at the forefront of innovation for decades, driving us towards a more modern, sustainable, and technologically advanced future. We work together every day to confront some of the world’s most pressing challenges, harness the power of critical thinking, support entrepreneurship and small business, and vigorously defend international standards designed to protect individual ingenuity. Our deeply rooted business relationships support these goals, as do our shared values and our mutual recognition of the importance of diversity and inclusion as a driver of innovation. The depth and breadth of our friendship is truly remarkable.
With this spirit in mind, the Embassy and all five consulates are celebrating German-American leadership in innovation during the first-ever Transatlantic Innovation Week from April 19 to 25. We are coordinating a virtual program of events to highlight a range of themes addressing innovation from various perspectives, such as climate change, sustainability and the green economy, cyber security and even the role of entrepreneurial universities, AI, and blockchain.
To underscore the enduring strength of the transatlantic innovation bridge, we are conducting events with partners in business, academia, government, national parks, the military, and organizations throughout Germany and across the United States. The following events are nationwide virtual events available to audiences throughout Germany:
- Press engagements by senior U.S. government officials: further details will be announced as they become available.
- Bitkom’s Big Data AI Summit: Keynote address by Deputy Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, The White House: Learn about successful AI strategies and industrial use-cases from multinationals and SMEs. Join digitally on April 21/22, 2021 to enjoy best-practice presentations and keynotes.
- Foreign Commercial Service SelectUSA Pitch Competition Announcement of Winners: The panel of experts has met, deliberated, and decided. Watch for the special announcement who won the tech start-up competition on April 19 and their prize!
- “Inventing Tomorrow” Screening and Discussion (in cooperation with the American Film Showcase): Meet passionate teenage inventors from around the world creating cutting-edge solutions to big problems. Enquire locally for registration details.
- Transatlantic AI Exchange: Learn from leading AI experts and influencers with a specific focus on supporting the buildup of an AI focused eco-system in the U.S. and Germany. Follow live: https://www.gaba-network.org/norcal/event/future-of-ai/