An official website of the United States government

Customs and Border Protection
April 25, 2018

CBP is one of the Department of Homeland Security’s largest components, with a priority mission of keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the U.S. It also has the responsibility to secure the border and facilitate lawful international trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws and regulations, including immigration, customs and agriculture laws.

Questions or complaints: For matters regarding Customs and Immigration clearance at the U.S. border please visit the Customs and Border Protection website at https://CBP.gov or the CBP Info Center by email at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask or by phone at 202-325-8000, Monday-Friday 0900-1600 Eastern Time.

ESTA Inquiries: Please check out our ESTA pages or call the CBP Travel Communications Center at +1-202-325-5120 Monday-Friday 0800-1600 Eastern Time. ESTA applications can be made at the following link: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/.

Global Entry:  Information about the Global Entry trusted traveler program can be found at https://CBP.gov and click on the Global Entry link. Global Entry applications can be made at Trusted Traveler Program TTP:  https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/.
(See also: Global Entry for German Citizens)

Denied Boarding at the airport: Please make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest to your home.

Transportation Letters:  If your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) has been lost or stolen please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

NOTE: What If My Permanent Resident Card or Conditional Residential Card Has Expired?
According to DHS’ Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Transportation Companies are authorized to permit boarding of any bona fide Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in possession of an expired Permanent Resident Card with a ten-year expiration date, if the expiration date on the card is the only reason that the LPR would otherwise not be boarded. Airlines are to permit boarding without any penalty to the LPR. Carriers must be informed that this policy does not affect Conditional Permanent Resident cardholders whose cards have a two-year expiration date. The Conditional Permanent Resident in possession of an expired Conditional Resident Card can only be boarded if in possession of the original form I-797 Notice of Action indicating the card is extended and provided the extension has not expired. Otherwise the Conditional Permanent Resident needs a Transportation Letter.