Zur Zeit stehen die Informationen nur auf Englisch zur Verfügung.
For all applicants:
- Confirmation page of the DS-160.
- A print out of the receipt for the MRV application fee
- A passport or other travel document valid for at least six months beyond the holder’s period of stay in the United States (PDF) with at least one blank page – the six-month requirement does not apply to German passports and certain other EUR countries.
- If the passport is damaged, we recommend that you obtain a new passport before applying for the visa to avoid any delay in the processing of your application.
- A photograph taken within the last six months, if you have been unsuccessful in uploading one with the DS-160.
If you successfully upload a photograph but it does not meet State Department specifications, your application will be rejected.
- Evidence of your status in Germany if not a German passport holder.
- Evidence of previously issued U.S. visas if not contained in the current passport (ex: your old passport showing your previous visa).
Certain applicants are eligible to apply for a new visa without having to attend an interview with a U.S. consular officer.
Please answer the following questions to see if you qualify:
- Are you a citizen of Germany or another EU country?
- Are you physically present in Germany at the time of the visa application?
- Are you applying for the same visa category? (B, C, D, F, H, I, J, L, M, O, P, Q, R classes only)
You can find this information directly above your nationality on the far right side of the visa.
- Was your last visa of the same category issued in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich?
- Is the U.S. visa still valid or if expired, are you applying within 12 months of the expiration date?
- Was your last visa issued after December 31, 2007?
- Is the passport with the previous visa still in your possession?
- In the annotation field, your previous visa must not show ANY of the following: “Waiver”, “Clearance”, or “Blanket”.
Do you confirm?
- Do you possess the same nationality as you did for your previous application?
If you checked ‚yes‘ to all of the above requirements, you may apply via the Visa Reissuance Program.
Please follow the procedure to apply when qualified for Visa Reissuance Program.
Please note: A consular officer reserves the right to request that an applicant appear in person for an interview after reviewing his or her application.