Location: City Center, Frankfurt, Germany
The rally has two starting points and will join together half way through and continue as a one demonstration:
- Route1: Opernplatz – Taunusanlage – Kaiserstrasse – Moselstrasse – Karlstrasse – Mainzer Landstrasse
- Route 2: Bockenheimer Warte – Senckenberg-Anlage – Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage – Mainzer Landstrasse.
- Both rallies merge at Platz der Republik and move on from Mainzer Landstrasse – Schmidtstrasse – Am Römerhof – Zum Rebstockbad – Max-Pruss-Strasse to Rebstockgelände.
The U.S. Consulate is aware of police and media reports of a planned demonstration in Frankfurt on March 23, 2019. The Demonstration is expected to begin at 10:00 hours and continue until 20:00 hours.
Additional protests may occur at other times and places. Attacks on the police and other disturbances including acts of vandalism and violence are possible.
The U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Germany will direct U.S. Mission employees to avoid all demonstrations or large gatherings.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Expect an increased police presence and road closures.
- Assistance:U.S. Consulate Frankfurt, Germany
+49 69 7537 0
State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444