Location: Various locations throughout Germany
Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to:
- In the area of Pariser Platz and Potsdamer Platz, Mitte neighborhood in Berlin, Germany
- In the area around the Cologne Central Mosque, central Cologne, and possibly throughout the downtown area in Cologne, Germany
Event: The U.S. Embassy and its Consulates are aware that police and media sources have reported on several planned protests throughout Germany September 27-29, 2018. Demonstrations in Berlin are expected to take place the afternoon of Thursday, September 27 and throughout the day on Friday, September 28, 2018, with demonstrations also expected to take place in Cologne on Saturday, September 29, 2018, throughout the day.
Additional protests may occur at other times and places. Attacks on the police and other disturbances including acts of vandalism and violence are possible.
The U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Germany will direct U.S. Mission employees to avoid all demonstrations or large gatherings.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Expect an increased police presence and road closures.
U.S. Embassy Berlin, Germany
+49 30 8305 0
U.S. Consulate Dusseldorf
+49 211 788 89 27
State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444