Those needing notary services must use our walk-in services on Mondays and Fridays between 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., except on German and American Holidays.
Please note the following requirements for service:
- All notary services are provided on a “first come, first served” basis.
- No notary services will be provided after 15:00, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The fee per Consular seal is US$50. For example, if your document requires a notary signature and seal on three pages of a document, the fee you will pay is US$50 X 3 for a total cost of US$150. The fee is payable in Euros, Dollars, or Credit Card. We do not accept EC cards.
- Be sure to bring your passport or government issued photo I.D., along with the documents you would like notarized.
- Please read your document carefully before coming to the Embassy. All those who need to sign the document must be present and understand the document that is being signed.
- You must bring your own witnesses.
- Do not sign the document beforehand. It must be signed before the notarial officer.
We DO NOT provide the following services:
- Apostille/Legalize U.S. Marriage/Birth/Death Certificates
The Secretary of State in the State where the document was issued is authorized to affix the Apostille on a marriage/birth/death certificate. The apostille will officially authenticate the signature and seal of your state-issued certificate for use in another country.
- Certify/Authenticate Copies of Academic Credentials Please contact the issuing educational institution. More information is available from the Department of State website here.
- Medallion Signature Guarantee A consular officer cannot perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee (which is a financial institution’s guarantee that an investor’s signature is genuine as well as its acceptance of any liability for any forgery within the securities transfer instruction). For more information, see the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website. General questions about Medallion Signature Guarantees should be directed to the SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Assistance, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-SEC-0330, by fax at 202-772-9295, or by mail to 100 F Street, NE, Washington, D.C., 20549-0213.
- Obtain copies of U.S. Vital Records In order to obtain any state government issued document concerning birth, death, marriage, or divorce, you may order one from the website of the National Center for Health Statistics.