Minor children ages 17 and under ( who already have a U.S. birth certificate or Certificate of Report of Birth Abroad), applicants replacing lost/damaged/stolen passports, applicants whose current passports were issued before age 16, applicants whose current passport was issued over 15 years ago and required to use Form DS-11, please make an appointment HERE
Adult Passport Renewal Applicants, eligible to use Form DS-82, must apply on a walk-in basis on Mondays and Fridays between 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m, except on German and American Holidays.
Please note, your most recent U.S. passport must meet all the following requirements for adult passport renewal to be eligible for this service:
- Was issued to you when you were 16 years of age or older;
- Must be undamaged;
- Was issued within the last 15 years;
- Was issued with 10 year validity; and
- Was issued in your current name or you have changed your name since your passport was issued and can submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change.
If your most recent U.S. passport does not meet all of these requirements, you must make an online appointment for passport service HERE
On the date you submit your application, you are required to bring:
- Your most recent U.S. passport and a black and white copy of the bio page;
- One U.S. passport sized photograph – 5cm x 5cm on a white background and adhering to the regulations found at the following link.
We no longer have a photo machine on our premises. Please visit this link for Photo shops in Berlin
- If you have changed your name since your U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to provide evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed, Statutory Declaration or court order. Original documents and single-sided black and white copies of each document are required. (Documents will be returned to you on the date of your visit.)
- The non-refundable application fee for an adult passport renewal by is $110.00. The fee is payable in Euros, Dollars, or Credit Card. We do not accept EC cards.
- Form DS-82, which is accessed and completed online at https://pptform.state.gov. Complete this online form, print it out, and sign it. Your form must have a 2D barcode. The form must be completed in its entirety.
- DHL envelope. As of March 1, the U.S. Embassy in Berlin uses DHL to return U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad to applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to bring a DHL envelope with a tracking number to the appointment. Make sure to enter your address as the receiver. Please note/copy your envelope tracking number prior to your appointment, so that you will be able to track your passport envelope.