Frankfurt Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
The U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt is seeking dynamic, globally minded secondary/tertiary students and young professionals to join our Youth Advisory Council. The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a group with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences who meet regularly with senior officials to discuss the critical issues facing both our countries, plan engagements to advance the transatlantic relationship, and undertake projects on topics of mutual interest.
APPLY NOW TO JOIN YAC FRANKFURT
Applications for the 2024 YAC are now open and will be accepted until Sunday, September 24, 2023. Click here to apply (Google doc)
Successful candidates will be invited to join the last Quarterly YAC Meeting of the current 2023 YAC on Tuesday, October 31.
As a member of the Youth Advisory Council, you will:
- Access exclusive events with leading American speakers, businesses, and organizations to learn from real decision makers.
- Engage directly with U.S. diplomats and officials to see diplomacy from the inside and help shape the future of the U.S.-Germany partnership.
- Accelerate your career and connect with future leaders by collaborating on activities and events that engage young Germans.
The primary goals of the Council are:
- To advise the U.S. Consulate on next generation issues (e.g., what do young people in Germany care about and why?)
- To suggest effective modes of outreach to young leaders
- To plan events and undertake relevant projects and
- To participate in Consulate events as representatives of the Council
Think you might be a good fit for our Youth Advisory Council?
Please apply, if you are:
- between 18-30 years of age
- a citizen or permanent resident of Germany
- currently living in Baden-Württemberg, Hessen, Rheinland-Pfalz or Saarland
- able to commit to serve on the Council for 12 months, including attending quarterly meetings and other events
- able to speak and understand conversational English (native English fluency is not required!)
Each member is required to participate in organizing an engagement with the Consulate. Here are some examples that YAC members around the world have done in the past:
- Organizing a visit for senior leadership to a local fire brigade where they volunteer.
- Hosting senior leaders at your community’s Iftar celebration.
- Moderating an event with U.S. speakers on a broad range of topics, including space exploration, press freedom, and diversity and inclusion.
- Instagram takeover at an official Consulate event.