Alongside the G7 summits, the G7 Foreign Ministers also meet on a regular basis to discuss foreign policy issues. The next meeting at the level of the G7 Foreign Ministers is to take place on April 14 and 15 2015 in Lübeck. Foreign Minister Steinmeier said: “The Hanseatic League is an example of how people found a framework to cooperate across state, linguistic and cultural borders, despite many different interests. This framework brought prosperity and peaceful coexistence to large parts of Europe.” The previous meeting in New York focused on the fight against the terrorist militia ISIS, curbing the Ebola epidemic in West Africa and the situation in Ukraine.
- Photo album (public domain, no copyright)
- Tweets & more: Timeline via Storify
- German MFA: overview | event sites | Steinmeier interview with Lübecker Nachrichten
- DOS: trip page | official trip announcement | press briefing | Under Secretary for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman
- Follow our updates on Facebook, Google plus, and Twitter