Health Alert – U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Germany, August 13, 2020
Event: COVID-19 Testing Regulations
Please share this message with other U.S. citizens in Germany. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates.
On August 6, the Department of State lifted the Global Level 4 Health Advisory and issued a Level 3 Travel Advisory for Germany. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains a Level 3 Warning for Germany and recommends travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Germany due to COVID-19. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
Travelers arriving in Germany from designated risk areas—currently including the United States—are now subject to COVID-19 testing and quarantine regulations. Free testing is available at all ports of entry. See the German Federal Ministry of Health FAQ Page for the most current information about testing and quarantine regulations.
If you decide to travel to Germany:
- Read the country information page.
- See the U.S. Embassy webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Germany.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
For emergency services, please contact the Embassy or appropriate Consulate General:
U.S. Embassy Berlin
+49-30-8305-0 (business hours)
+49-30-8305-0 (after hours)
U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt
+49-69-7535-0 (business hours)
+49-69-7535-0 (after hours)
U.S. Consulate General Munich
+49-89-2888-580 (business hours)
+49-89-2888-0 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Did someone forward you this email? Enroll yourself in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates and to ensure the State Department can locate you in an emergency. Want to unsubscribe? Click here