Health Alert – U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Germany, October 29, 2020
Event: Partial Lockdown Beginning Monday, November 2
On October 28, German authorities announced a country-wide partial lockdown beginning Monday, November 2 until November 30 to combat the spread of COVID-19. Travel within Germany should be restricted to essential travel only. Bars, entertainment, and sport facilities will be closed; restaurants may only operate delivery/pick-up services. Gatherings are restricted to two households, with a maximum of 10 people. Shops will remain open but will restrict the number of customers allowed inside. Schools and daycares will remain open. For full details, visit the COVID-19 page on our website.
A Level 3 Travel Advisory for Germany remains in effect. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Germany due to COVID-19. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
If you seek to travel to Germany:
- Read the country information page.
- See the U.S. Embassy webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Germany.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
For emergency services, please contact the Embassy or appropriate Consulate General:
U.S. Embassy Berlin
+49-30-8305-0 (business hours)
+49-30-8305-0 (after hours)
U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt
+49-69-7535-0 (business hours)
+49-69-7535-0 (after hours)
U.S. Consulate General Munich
+49-89-2888-580 (business hours)
+49-89-2888-0 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Did someone forward you this email? Enroll yourself in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates and to ensure the State Department can locate you in an emergency. Want to unsubscribe? Click here