For Public Dissemination
Date: January 5, 2017
|Position Title||HVAC Controls Technician|
|Location||American Consulate General, Frankfurt am Main, Facilities Management|
|Open To||All Interested Candidates|
|Salary and Grade||
Not Ordinarily Resident:
– US $ 31,614 per year starting salary (*)
Position Grade: FP-08
Note: This position may be Overseas Comparability Pay (OCP) eligible
– € 38,267 per year starting salary (*)
Position Grade: FSN-6
|Work Hours||Full-Time, 40 hrs/week|
|Opening Date||January 5, 2017|
|Closing Date||February 6, 2017|
|Security Requirement||U.S. Mission issued medical/non-sensitive security clearance|
ALL FOREIGN COUNTRY APPLICANTS, INCLUDING AMERICAN CITIZENS, MUST HAVE AND SUBMIT THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The American Consulate General in Frankfurt am Main is seeking an individual for the position of HVAC Controls Technician in the Facility Maintenance section. Filling of the position is subject to availability of funds.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
(A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available upon request. Send your request to email@example.com with identification of vacancy number.)
Employed as a Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Controls Technician to carry out skilled maintenance and repair work throughout the Consulate buildings, grounds and residential owned/ leased properties. The incumbent specializes in HVAC control systems of automated equipment and both leads and assists in the programming, installation, and troubleshooting of control sequences, control devices, and their interface with the Building Automation System (BAS) to maintain optimized system performance and equipment maintenance.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific information supporting each item.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (Germany: Realschule, America: American High School Diploma or GED, for all other: 10 years of schooling) and journey-level training in the repair and maintenance of digital building control systems is required. Education or technical training in a field related to specialized mechanical building controls or related mechanical equipment through a recognized trade union, technical school or equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE: Three years work experience as a HVAC Technician with digital building control system knowledge is required. The work experience must be with large, modern, commercial or government office building in operations and maintenance.
LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) English and German language skills are required. (speak/write and read).
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and other computer programs like AutoCAD.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. (must be attached to the application).
- Must be able to lift 25kg.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding and to perform work on building exterior roof tops on and over one * Must have a good working knowledge of building mechanical control systems (structure and design), direct digital control technology, devices and sequence of controls.* A general knowledge of building systems and operations, mechanical principles and theories, and familiarization of the proper use and hazards of chemical materials is required.The Human Resources Office will conduct standard language assessment tests and may test for other required skills as part of the selection process. Testing is conducted equitably and is administered in the same way to all applicants for the particular recruitment.
- * Must be familiar with international building and mechanical codes to be able to perform installation, maintenance, and repair work to meet code requirements.
- story tall (3 meters) is required.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process:When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM*
- FS on LWOP**
*IMPORTANT:Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- Additional Selection Criteria:
- The U.S. Mission will consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) of the U.S. Mission Germany having served less than 12 months in their current position are not eligible to apply.
- Current Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) with an overall summary rating of ‘Needs Improvement’ or ‘Unsatisfactory’ on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first ninety (90) calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- How To Apply:Interested applicants for this position must submit their application and pertinent supporting documentation by the closing date using the U.S. Mission’s electronic application process:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE), Form DS-174, which is available on the internet for OpenNet users by clicking here: DS-174 OpenNet; or for external users on the internet by clicking here: DS-174 External.
- Additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, reference letters, transcripts, essays, certificates, copies of degrees earned, etc.) should be attached with the application.
- Application language is English, i.e. application for employment, CV or resume should be in English. Certificates, awards or degrees in English or German do not need to be translated.
- Note that the U.S. Mission does not/not refund travel expenses incurred by the interviewee.
For a complete list of terms such as US citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM), Eligible Family Member (EFM), Member of Household (MOH), Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR), Ordinarily Resident (OR) and their definitions, see the definitions list on the website http://employment.usembassy.de/definitions/.
The U.S. Mission in Germany provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliations. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Approved: FAC: JRexford
Cleared: MGT/HR: EKaleta
Drafted: MGT/HR: HGralka