The celebration is virtual, the passion is real.
Every year we are celebrating the birth of our democracy, and each year we try something new. This year, with respect to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will not be physically together with our invited guests but will be meeting everyone in the online realm.
See below our program that you will be able to follow on our social media:
- 12:00 – July 4th Mission Video Message
- 15:00 – Concert by Violet Bell (20 mins). Violet Bell weaves original Americana from folk, soul, and bluegrass music. Based out of Chapel Hill NC, Lizzy Ross and Omar Ruiz-Lopez draw inspiration from the natural world, ancient mythology and the Piedmont’s green hills. The duo honed their strong onstage chemistry playing hundreds of shows from Montreal to Miami since forming in 2016. Ross & Ruiz-Lopez share a love of rock and R&B that finds its way into their traditionally rooted music. “She’s a songwriter, I’m a composer and multi-instrumentalist, and our ability to blend genres works well for us,” Ruiz-Lopez says. “The world of songwriting offers more freedom than purely instrumental, ‘classical music.’
Violet Bell is a State Department 2020/2021 Arts Envoy and will be touring Germany at the invitation of the U.S. Embassy Berlin in spring 2021.
For more information on Violet Bell: https://www.lizzy.net/
- 18:00 – Concert by The Americans (20 mins).The Americans are a roots rock band from Los Angeles, California. The Americans’ debut album, I’ll Be Yours, reviewed by Greg Vandy (American Standard Time) calls it “distinctly American rock ‘n’ roll. Throaty, firin’ on all cylinders, road trip rock, charged with intense composition choices that call to mind the history of roots music, from Chuck Berry and Tom Waits to The War On Drugs.”
The Americans toured Germany at the invitation of the U.S. Embassy Berlin in 2018.
For more information on The Americans: https://www.theamericansmusic.com/
- 21:30 – The U.S. Army Military Band concert (5 mins).
- 21:35 – U.S. and German National Anthems (5 mins).
- 21:40 – Virtual Fireworks (3 mins).