INTERNSHIP U.S. COMMERCIAL SERVICE GERMANY
What We Do
The U.S. Commercial Service Germany at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, and American Consulate General Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, and Munich promote the exportation and advancement of U.S. goods and/or services into the German market and inward investment into the U.S. We provide a range of services and programs to help American companies export goods and services to Germany. The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. Our office analyzes information on the German market, facilitates contacts with German businesses, promotes U.S. products in Germany and European marketplace, and advocates U.S. business interests. We assist trade missions to Germany and provide logistical support to U.S. companies holding product launches and exhibitions.
What Our Interns Do
Interns are given assignments that will provide exposure to a full range of our activities and services, and every attempt is made to give meaningful and hands on experience where appropriate.
Interns learn from Commercial Service staff by:
- Collecting and analyzing information for market research reports for trade delegations and/or American companies on entry or expansion into Germany; including potential business partners, trade data, and in country promotions;
- Assisting with our matchmaking services that help U.S. companies find partners and distributors in Germany;
- Advise American and German companies in diverse trade issues;
- Managing U.S. Commercial Service websites
How to apply:
Your application (submitted at least 4 months in advance)
- Cover letter
- References (academic and/or professional): Name, relation, and contact information included or letter of reference
- Proof of enrollment at a university or institute of higher education
- Enrollment at a university or institute of higher education after second year of academic studies
- Fluency in German and English
- Good communication and computer skills
- Availability for 3 months Passing U.S. Government background check
Payment and Insurance:
This internship is a volunteer service. Federal regulations prohibit financial compensation. An official letter of recommendation will be provided. Most universities will award 3-6 credits for a completed internship. No federal government liability is assumed.
Visit us at: www.export.gov/germany
American Consulate General Frankfurt
U.S. Commercial Service
Gießener Straße 30
Tel: +49 69 7535 3157
Please submit your application via email or call us if you have any questions.