American Citizen U.S. Government Career Information
- USG employment/career opportunities — information is available at www.careers.state.gov/
- Foreign Service Careers (officers and specialists) — also viewwww.careers.state.gov/
- Foreign Service Officer Written Exam information can be found at www.careers.state.gov/officer, or, one can write directly to:
U.S. Department of State, Recruitment Division, PO Box 9317, Arlington, VA 22219, U.S.A.
- American citizen undergraduate/graduate students may be eligible for various Department of State student programs, including internships and fellowships both in the U.S. and overseas. Information is available at www.careers.state.gov/student/
American citizen students in good academic standing are eligible for internships at the Department of State and at U.S. Embassies and consulates around the world. Intern duties and responsibilities vary according to post or office assignment, from scientific/technical tasks to administrative projects to logistical support. While there are many opportunities for overseas internships, it is difficult to anticipate the needs of our embassies and consulates. There are several factors that influence whether or not a particular embassy or consulate will host an intern. Therefore, we are unable to provide a precise listing of overseas opportunities.
- The U.S. Commercial Service Germany offers internship opportunities throughout the year at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin and the U.S. Consulates General in Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, and Munich.
- For more information, see http://export.gov/germany/Internship/