Munich Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
The U.S. Consulate General Munich is seeking dynamic, globally minded young professionals and students to join our Youth Advisory Council (YAC). The Council is an engaged, creative and diverse group with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences meeting regularly with the Consulate Munich team, U.S. guest speakers, Munich-based organizations, and peers to organize activities and events promoting the transatlantic relationship and raising awareness of global foreign policy issues.
Applications for the 2023/2024 YAC will be accepted until November 15, 2023.
Click here to apply (Google Forms)
As a member of the Youth Advisory Council, you will:
- Gain valuable leadership skills through leading YAC activities
- Learn more about the United States, the transatlantic relationship, and local organizations with mutual interests
- Increase awareness of shared transatlantic and global challenges
- Advise the U.S. Consulate General on next generation issues
- Network and connect with experts and leaders from the U.S. and Bavaria
- Improve your English language skills.
Council members will plan engagements with the U.S. Consulate General in Munich and undertake projects on topics of mutual interest. Members meet once a month to discuss a specific topic or to participate in activities organized by council members in coordination with the consulate’s Public Diplomacy Section.
Youth Advisory Council activities may include:
- Roundtable discussions with U.S. government representatives
- Film screening with follow up discussion with film maker/protagonist
- U.S. speaker program with subject matter experts and/or moderating an event with U.S. speakers on a broad range of topics related to U.S. foreign policy issues
- Exclusive visits to different sites in Munich
- Special events and discussions with the Consul General, leaders from various backgrounds, and local and/or U.S.-based guest speakers representing a wide range of fields related to transatlantic relations.
The YAC is a volunteer, completely non-partisan, non-profit organization.
- Be between the ages of 18-28
- Be a German citizen or permanent resident.
- Possess conversational English skills (you don’t need to speak perfect English)
- Commit to a 12-month term on the YAC, including quarterly meetings and program/event participation
- Be willing to get involved in the planning and implementation of events/programs/activities
Think you’re a good fit? Join the U.S. Consulate General’s Youth Advisory Council by applying below!