Location: Germany, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season security measures in Germany remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology throughout Europe. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations such as Christmas holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds,
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- See below for contact information for your closest Consular Section
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Germany Country Informationhttps://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Germany.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The American Citizen Services Unit for the U.S. Embassy Berlin is located at Clayallee 170, 14195 Berlin, and our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The telephone number is +49-30-8305-0; email:email@example.com. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, the after-hours emergency number for the U.S. Embassy Berlin is +49-30-8305-0.
The U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt is located at Giessener Strasse 30, 60435 Frankfurt am Main, and is open by appointment only Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The telephone number is +49-69-7535-0; e-mail:GermanyACS@state.gov. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of normal business hours, the emergency number for the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt is +49-69-7535-0.
The U.S. Consulate General in Munich is located at Koeniginstrasse 5 and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The telephone number is +49-89-2888-580 during office hours; e-mail: ConsMunich@state.gov. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance after-hours, the emergency number for the U.S. Consulate General in Munich is +49-89-2888-0.
You are receiving this message because you subscribed to receive email updates issued by the U.S. Department of State.
If you no longer wish to receive these kinds of updates, please “unsubscribe” by following the instructions under the “Email Subscriptions” link at http://step.state.gov.
Please note that the embassy or consulate cannot unsubscribe your address on your behalf.