FOR PUBLIC DISSEMINATION
Date: March 21, 2016
|Position Title||Security Clerk (Local Guard Force)|
|Location||U.S. Consulate General, Frankfurt am Main, Regional Security Office (RSO)|
|Open To||All Interested Candidates|
|Salary and Grade OR||Ordinarily Resident (OR)– € 38,267 per year starting salaryPosition Grade: FSN-06|
|Salary and Grade NOR||
Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR)– US $31,614 per year starting salary (*)Position Grade: FP-08, step 1 or highest previous rate within gradeNote: this position may be Overseas Comparability Pay (OCP) eligible
Final grade/step to be confirmed by Washington
|Work Hours||Full-time, 40 hrs./week|
|Opening Date||March 21, 2017|
|Closing Date||April 4, 2017|
|Security Requirement||Non-sensitive security clearance|
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AND SUBMIT THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The American Consulate General in Frankfurt am Main is seeking an individual for the position of Local Guard Security Clerk in the Regional Security Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
(A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available upon request. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with identification of vacancy number.)
Incumbent is the sole support to the Embassy’s Security Programs Coordinator/ Local Guard Force Coordinator performing a variety of administrative and office management tasks. The position requires daily interaction with the Local Guard Force leadership and the Regional Security Officers. The Local Guard Security Clerk is the focal point for the Mission-wide guard force and works independently to manage the program in accordance with the applicable standards and post specific policies. The incumbent is rated by the Local Guard Force Coordinator and reviewed by the Acting Regional Security Officer (ARSO).
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific information supporting each item.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (Germany: Realschule, America: American High School Diploma or GED, for all other: 10 years of schooling) is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of job related and progressively responsible office administrative or clerical experience is required.
LANGUAGE: English and German Level IV (fluency) is required.
- Strong organizational and management skills are required.
- Must have writing skills to encompass the preparation of complex reports and plans and be able to prepare written justification statements.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. / 12 kg.
- Must have knowledge of general functions and operations in an office environment.
- Familiarity with United States Government (USG) security standards, procedures and policies is required.
- Must have an understanding of the country and the local operational environment.
The Human Resources Office will conduct standard language assessment tests and may test for other required skills as part of the selection process. Testing is conducted equitably and is administered in the same way to all applicants for the particular recruitment.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process:When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) AEFM / USEFM*
(3) FS on LWOP**
*IMPORTANT:Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- Additional Selection Criteria:
- The U.S. Mission will consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) of the U.S. Mission Germany having served less than 12 months in their current position are not eligible to apply.
- Current Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) with an overall summary rating of ‘Needs Improvement’ or ‘Unsatisfactory’ on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first ninety (90) calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- How To Apply: Interested applicants for this position must submit their application and pertinent supporting documentation by the closing date using the U.S. Mission’s electronic application process:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE), Form DS-174, which is available on the internet for OpenNet users by clicking here: DS-174 OpenNet; or for external users on the internet by clicking here: DS-174 External.
- Additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, reference letters, transcripts, essays, certificates, copies of degrees earned, etc.) should be attached with the application.
- Application language is English, i.e. application for employment, CV or resume should be in English. Certificates, awards or degrees in English or German do not need to be translated.
- Note that the U.S. Mission does not/not refund travel expenses incurred by the interviewee.
For a complete list of terms such as US citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM), Eligible Family Member (EFM), Member of Household (MOH), Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR), Ordinarily Resident (OR) and their definitions, see the definitions list on the website: https://de.usembassy.gov/jobs/definitions/
The U.S. Mission in Germany provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliations. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Approved: MGT/HR: EKaleta
Cleared: RSO: JTKeener
Drafted: MGT/HR: LBPreston