Munich police have announced a “Cautious All Clear” for Munich as of 1:26 AM local time, and that public transport service has resumed. Air traffic at the Munich airport continues to arrive and depart as scheduled without interruption.
Munich police believe that a single shooter was responsible for the shootings, and that the shooter is now dead.
U.S. citizens should continue to:
- Exercise vigilance when in public places or using mass transportation.
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid crowded places.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities, especially in an emergency.
- Monitor media and local event information sources and factor updated information into your travel plans and activities.
- Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Stay in touch with your family, have a plan if you are separated and ensure they know to reach you in the event of an emergency.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Europe Travel Alert, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The American Citizen Services Unit for the U.S. Embassy Berlin is located at Clayallee 170, 14195 Berlin, and is open by appointment only Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The telephone number for routine calls is answered 2-4 p.m. Monday-Friday +49-69-7535-0; email: email@example.com. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, the after-hours emergency number for the U.S. Embassy Berlin is +49-30-8305-0.
The U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt is located at Giessener Strasse 30, 60435 Frankfurt am Main. The telephone number is +49-69-7535-0 (routine calls, 2-4 p.m. Monday-Friday); e-mail:GermanyACS@state.gov. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of normal business hours, the emergency number for the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt is +49-69-7535-0
The U.S. Consulate General in Munich is located at Koeniginstrasse 5 and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The telephone number is +49-89-2888-580 during office hours; e-mail: ConsMunich@state.gov. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance after-hours, the emergency number for the U.S. Consulate General in Munich is +49-89-2888-0.