Students Travelling Outside the U.S. – Have the I-20/DS-2019 Endorsed Before Travel and Make Sure Your Visa is Valid

 (December 3, 2014)
Continuing students who are going to travel outside of the United States must see their foreign student advisor and obtain an endorsement of their I-20 or DS-2019 form. When returning to the United States, a continuing student/exchange visitor must present a valid SEVIS Form I-20 or DS-2019 with the endorsement showing that the student is active and in good standing with the school or program.  Students travelling without an endorsed form or with an expired visa will be denied boarding and/or entry into the U.S.
Further information:—documents-required-for-foreign-nationals-(international