Transportation Alert: U-Bahn and S-Bahn disruptions Saturday, July 22 to Monday, September 4, 2023
Event: Due to construction projects, Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (RMV) announced the closure and rerouting of U-Bahn U4 and U5, as well as S-Bahn S3, S4, S5 and S6 from Saturday, July 22 to Monday, September 4, 2023. As a result, U-Bahn and S-Bahn service will be significantly disrupted for the rest of the summer as well as commuter traffic.
From July 22 until September 4, the following disruptions of service will take effect:
- U4: No service
- U5: The train will only operate between Preungesheim and the Frankfurt Hauptfriedhof station.
- S3: The train will run every 30 minutes between Bad Soden and Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof and between Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof and Frankfurt-Louisa.
- S4: The train will run every 30 minutes between Kronberg and Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof and Langen and Frankfurt-Louisa.
- S5: The train will run every 30 minutes in the Friedrichsdorf – Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof.
- S6: The train will run every 30 minutes between Friedberg and the Frankfurt Westbahnhof.