To initiate the process, scan and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship: the bio-page of current U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate or Report of Birth Abroad, and/or Certificate of Naturalization.
- Evidence of any name change (if applicable): marriage or divorce certificates, court orders, or other legal documents regarding a change of name.
- Evidence of foreign citizenships (if applicable): the bio-page of your most recent foreign passport(s).
- Completed DS-4080 Oath/Affirmation of Renunciation of Nationality of United States.
- Completed DS-4081 Statement of Understanding Concerning the Consequences and Ramifications of Relinquishment or Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship, plus a copy of any written statement you wish to provide.
- Completed DS-4083 Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the United States.
Once we receive your scanned documents, we will notify you to schedule a phone consultation. Once the phone consultation is completed, we will schedule your interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Appointments are scheduled approximately 3-6 weeks in advance, on a first-come, first-served basis.