Passport Services


Until December 31, 2021, some U.S. citizens may be able to travel to directly to the United States despite their passports having recently expired.  To find out if you or your family members qualify to travel home on expired U.S. passports click here.


Click here for information on how COVID-19 restrictions are impacting our services.

Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship pages of the U.S. Embassy in Germany. This section provides information on specific consular services available to U.S. citizens in Germany.

U.S. Citizen Services are available at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt, and the U.S. Consulate General in Munich.

All services related to passports, citizenship, or birth registration are by appointment only.

DoD and USEUCOM Personnel: All services are arranged by your Military Passport Agent. Find your local Agent here 

I want to apply for:

I want to renew:

I need to:

Effective immediately and until further notice
, U.S. Mission Germany is not able to process credit card payments associated with transactions through the mail.  We apologize for the sudden change and are aware of the significant impact this has on our customers.  This change affects all mail-in passport applications, certified copies for the IRS, immigration petitions, and charges related to scheduling depositions.  Mail in transactions will only be processed if accompanied by an international money order (please note that German money orders are only valid for one month).  Please see the passport instructions for further information on accepted payment methods. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and are working to find better ways to serve you