Change or Correct a Passport

If your most recent U.S. passport was issued less than 1 year ago and you are requesting a correction of a mistake in your passport or are changing your name, you may also submit your application by mail.

U.S. Consulate General
Passport & Citizenship Section
Giessener Str. 30
60435 Frankfurt am Main

There is no fee for corrections in this instance.

To correct or change you passport please submit the following:

  • Form DS-5504
  • Your most recent U.S. passport issued less than 1 year ago
  • A self-addressed stamped return envelope (EUR 3.95 if registered mail is required)
    Secure Method of Passport Delivery in Frankfurt
    Further information (pdf)
  • For corrections: evidence of correct biographic information (birth certificate or previous U.S. passport)
  • For name changes: legal documentation of name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order)

If you passport is was issued more than 1 year ago, please follow the directions here