Report a Lost or Stolen Passport

If your passport or passport card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you must appear in person at your nearest Consulate or Embassy to obtain a new passport/passport card.

If you are replacing a Lost or Stolen passport/passport card you need:

  • Form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport/passport card. Do not sign the DS-11 until you are in the presence of a Consular officer.
  • Form DS-64, Statement of Loss. Do not sign the DS-64 until you are in the presence of a Consular officer.
  • Police report documenting incident of theft.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e. U.S. birth certificate, Naturalization Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Citizenship, previously issued U.S. passport)
  • Photo Identification
  • Two identical passport sized (5cm x 5cm) photos. See our Photo requirements 
  • Return envelope
    • Frankfurt: Secure Method of Passport Delivery in Frankfurt. Further information (pdf)
    • Munich and Berlin: A self-addressed stamped return DIN-5 envelope with a stamp for EUR 1.45 (for regular German mail) or EUR 3.95 (if you prefer to send it by registered German mail)
  • Your application fee payment. See our Fees and Forms of Payment to verify your Fee

If you are replacing a damaged passport/passport card you need:

You will be asked to fill out a sworn statement detailing the nature of the damage and the circumstances which led to the damage when you speak with a Consular Officer.

Who is allowed in the building?
Please inform yourself of what you CANNOT bring into the consulate (cell phone, USB stick, portable game devices, etc). If you fail to follow these security requirements (pdf) you may face delays or cancellations to your visit.

Who is allowed in the building?
For U.S. Passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications, please note that only the following visitors will be permitted entry to the Consulate:

  • The applicant
  • Both parents/guardians (and minor siblings) of applicants under the age of 16
  • One parent/guardian (and minor siblings) of applicants between the age of 16-21
  • Escorts required to accompany applicants with special needs

Due to security and space constraints, we are unable to permit other guests into the Consulate.