How to receive a DHL waybill label for return of your documents/passport DHL Online Frankierung – Expressversand
1. Use Google Chrome. 2. Access https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/pakete-versenden/online-frankieren.html?type=ShipmentEditorProductSelection and choose “Expressversand”. Note: The website is available in German only.
3. “Postleitzahl und Wohnort”: Type in your postal area code and city of residence.
4. “Versandgewicht”: Choose the weight: 2 passports 0,5 kg; if more than two, choose 2 kg.
5. “Sendungsinhalt”: Enter content, for example “Dokumente”.
Continue with “Weiter zur Adressseingabe”
6. Enter your name, address and email. You are the “Empfänger”
7. For “Absender”, enter the place (*) where you are applying for your documents/passport:
- U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt, Passport Section, Giessener Str. 30, 60435 Frankfurt
- U.S. Embassy Berlin, American Citizen Services Unit, Clayallee 170, 14195 Berlin
- U.S. Consulate General Munich, American Citizen Services Unit, Königinstraße 5, 80539 München
(*) if you are mailing your passport to us for renewal or exchange, you must use U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt for “Absender”.
IMPORTANT: Do not enter the U.S. Consulate email address for “Absender”. Use your own email address.
8. Do not enter a date for “Abholung buchbar”.
Choose a payment method. After payment has been processed, the DHL waybill label will be sent to your email account. Print out the shipping label and glue it to an envelope large and sturdy enough to hold a U.S. passport.
Last updated: November 20, 2020