Walk-In Appointments are subject to change.
Starting January 25, 2021, walk in services will be available again.
Adult Passport Renewal Applicants, eligible to use Form DS-82, are strongly urged to apply via mail. If you cannot pay via mail due to payment issues and need to visit the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt to drop off your DS- 82, you must do so on a walk-in basis every Tuesday and Thursday from 13:00-14:00. except on German and American Holidays. We will not be able to serve you on walk-in days if you require any service other than Form DS-82. If you need a new U.S. passport in less than two weeks, you need to schedule an online appointment HERE during our regular public hours.
On the date you submit your application you are required to bring as we are otherwise not able to serve you and you will be asked to come back:
- Completed DS-82 form, which is accessed and completed online at https://pptform.state.gov Complete this online form, print it out, and sign it. Your form must have a 2D barcode. The form must be completed in its entirety.
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One U.S. passport sized photograph – 5cm x 5cm on a white background and adhering to the regulations found here. We strongly recommend you bring a passport picture with you as we are not able to guarantee that our photo machines on our premises are functional.
- If you have changed your name since your U.S. passport was issued, you are required to provide evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, divorce decree, legal name change document, court order. Original documents and single-sided black and white photocopies of each document are required.
- The non-refundable application fee for an adult passport renewal is $110.00. The fee is payable in Euros, Dollars, or Credit Card. We do not accept EC cards.
- Prepaid envelope from commercial courier service. It is the applicant’s responsibility to bring a DHL Express Easy with a tracking number to the appointment. As of January 2020, you cannot purchase the DHL ExpressEasy envelope at your local German post office. You now need to purchase this online. Please click here for instructions. Please make sure to bring the waybill with all other documents. Make sure to enter your address as the receiver and the Consulates address as “Absender”.
The processing time after we receive the application is 4 weeks.
Please note: You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one. If you were never issued a Social Security number, you must submit a signed and dated statement that includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.”
Information on how to apply for a Social Security Number at the U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt is available here.
Also, please make sure you list all other names and/or aliases ever used including maiden names.