If you receive notification through the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website that you have been selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program, you must successfully complete these steps before a consular interview can be scheduled.
Application Instruction/Required Documents
Appointments for DV-Visa applicants are scheduled through the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).
Please bring the following with you to the interview:
- Appointment letter/confirmation
- Visa fee
- All required documents as originals and one photocopy. Applicants and each family member accompanying the applicant to the U.S. will need to submit original documents (or certified copies of the documents) from an appropriate office, authority, or issuing entity in their country at the time of the visa interview at the U.S. Consulate, along with any translations required.
Applicants are responsible for scheduling their own appointment for a medical examination directly with one of our designated panel physicians before the scheduled interview date. The results of the exam are valid for six months. The results need to be valid by the time you enter the U.S. with the visa, therefore, the visa will be valid only for the validity time of the medical. The medical exam appointment should not be scheduled too early.
If these tests expire on or before your interview, you must undergo a modified examination to update your results. If the medical exam expires before the visa can be issued, you must also undergo a modified examination to update your results.
Medical examinations performed by non-authorized physicians or an approved panel physician outside of Germany will not be accepted.
The following documents are required for your medical examination:
- Valid passport
- 4 photographs (photo requirements)
- Vaccination records (vaccination requirements )
- Fee (varies depending on physician)
- Medical history (disabilities, illnesses)
- Statement of pregnancy (Mutterpass)
Panel Physicians Offices in Germany
Visa Application Fee
Before being interviewed, each applicant must pay the Diversity Visa Lottery fee at the U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt. For DV-2019 and DV-2018 applicants the fee is $330 per person. This fee is nonrefundable, whether a visa is issued or not. This fee can be paid in cash (US-Dollars or Euros) or by Credit Card.