This page provides information for U.S. citizens wishing to bring a foreign national fiancé(e) living abroad to the United States to marry.

If you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States or your fiancé(e) is already residing legally in the United States, you do not need to file for a fiancé(e) visa. See the USCIS “Green Card” page.

Note: If you plan to reside outside the U.S., travel to the U.S for marriage can be done with a B-2 visa or through the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA). If you marry outside the United States and plan to relocate to the U.S., you will need an immigrant visa.

Children under the age of 21 can apply for a dependant visa. The children must be listed in the I-129F petition. If the petitioner is the biological parent of the child, please contact U.S. Citizen Services to determine if the child has claim to U.S. citizenship and can apply for a U.S. passport.