Most visa applicants, independent of age, are required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable visa application fee, sometimes referred to as the MRV fee (Machine Readable Visa fee), before applying for a nonimmigrant visa. The type of visa for which you apply determines the fee amount. NOTE: Applicants of F-, J- or M-Visa: In addition to the application fee, must also pay the SEVIS fee.
Before you can pay the fee, you must register on the Visa Service Provider website and create a profile.
Fee Payment Options
- Online Banking Transfer: Use your online bank account. Your bank may apply charges to your account for EFT transactions.
- Online Payment with a Debit Card:The most convenient payment method for your nonimmigrant visa application (NIV) fee is online with a Debit card
- Sofort (Electronic Transfer): Use your online bank account and the Sofort service (Direct Bank Transfer). This payment process can be administered online.
- Cash: Pay the application fee in cash at any bank in cash. If you choose a third-party bank to where you hold your account, you may incur extra charges.
The Visa Service Provider
For more information on how to apply for a nonimmigrant visa and for scheduling your visa appointment please contact our Visa Service Provider, CGI Federal. CGI Federal is the only private company that the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates in Germany authorize to provide visa information and visa application services:
Visa Service Provider: http://ustraveldocs.com/de/
- Callers in Germany: +49 (0)322-2109-3243 or (0)62047050390 (cost for call: telephone company charges apply, no additional fee)
- Callers in the United States: 17035202560 (7 am to 3pm eastern standard time)
English- and German speaking customer service agents are ready to assist you 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. The call center is closed Saturdays, Sundays, German and American Holidays.
We cannot guarantee that you will be issued a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a visa.