The “B” Visitor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), or temporarily for pleasure (B-2).
B1 Business Visitor Visa
Travel appropriate for a business (B-1) visitor visa includes travel to:
- Consult with business associates;
- Attend a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates;
- Settle an estate;
- Negotiate a contract;
- Participate in short-term training.
B2 Visitor Visa
Travel appropriate for a (B-2) visitor visa includes travel to:
- Tourism or Family Visits
- Medical Reasons
- Participation in Social Events
- Armed Forces Dependents
- Dependents of Crew Members
- Short, part-time Course of Study
- Amateur Entertainers and Athletes
B-1/B-2 Business & Pleasure Visa
We understand that business and pleasure are often mixed when traveling to the U.S. and therefore the B-1 and B-2 are often issued as a combined “B-1/B-2” Visa.